Asia UnhedgedReal-time intel on what moves markets
China drives export rebound in Asia
Recovery in trade activity highlights the region's role as the engine of global growth
Bloomberg highlights today a rebound in exports throughout Asia, driven by growing demand from China.
- Japanese shipments to China jumped 28% in February
- Indian exports to China were up by almost 50% in December year on year, driven by cotton, ores and zinc, despite a 5% decline in total exports.
- New Zealand saw a 12% jump in shipments to China for December through February, driven by beef, lamb and milk powder.
- Southeast Asian China exports were up almost 44%, led by Singapore which saw a jump of 65%.
- Shipments of Bananas from the Philippines to China have more than doubled.
Must-reads from across Asia - directly to your inbox