Domestic worker injured as ventilation fan catches fire
Indonesian woman hurt in Tseung Kwan O fire but refuses to go to hospital for medical treatment
A 36-year-old Indonesian domestic worker suffered an injury to her hand on Saturday when a fire broke out in the apartment where she worked in Tseung Kwan O, the New Territories.
Police received a report from a security guard at noon that there was a fire in an apartment in Block 8 at Eastpoint City, the Sing Tao Daily reported. The fire is believed to have started in a ventilation fan.
A domestic worker injured her hand in the fire but refused to go to hospital for medical treatment.
About 130 residents were evacuated.
Meanwhile, in a separate fire in Tin Heng Estate in Tin Shui Wan, the New Territories, a 21-year-old man and his 19-year-old sister were found unconscious outside their apartment at Hang Lok House, the Oriental Daily reported.
They are reported to be in critical condition in hospital.
Firefighters believe the blaze began in the bedroom of the apartment due to an electrical short-circuit or careless handling of lit materials.