Indonesian domestic worker flees HDB home fire in a towel
Woman raised the alarm during her escape, prompting more than 200 residents to evacuate the building
An Indonesian domestic worker fled a fire in an apartment in Singapore on Monday wrapped in a towel as she was taking a shower when the blaze broke out.
The cause of the fire, on the 15th storey of HDB Block 78 on Indus Road, Singapore, is still under investigation, the Shin Min Daily News reported.
It was reported that the worker was alone in the flat preparing to return to Indonesia as the elderly woman she was caring for died last week. Her two employers, the two sons of the elderly woman, were not at home at the time of the incident.
More than 200 residents evacuated the building. Three residents were sent to the Singapore General Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.