Short circuit in bathroom heater triggers blaze
Heavy smoke poured into the living room of a flat in New Territories
A flat in Tsing Lung Tau in the New Territories caught fire on Sunday after a short circuit in a bathroom fan heater. A 21-year-old man, who lives in an apartment at Block A of Yale Villa in Hong Kong Garden in Tsing Lung Tau, reported heavy smoke and fire surrounding the heater’s socket, Sing Tao Daily reported.
Although the fire services were called in, the man was able to put out the blaze before it spread. No one was hurt.
Initial findings after the investigation were that the fire was triggered by a short circuit.
Wan Koon-sun, chairman of the Hong Kong and Kowloon Electrical Engineering and Appliances Trade Workers Union, has advised people using a fan heaters in a bathroom to make sure the sockets are dry, Apple Daily reported.