Woman gets sick after cosmetic injection, calls police
She said she spent HK$20,0000 (US$2,548) for a course of three injections, but a bad reaction to the first resulted in a trip to hospital
A 31-year-old woman was hospitalized after having a facial injection at a beauty clinic in Central on Hong Kong Island on Wednesday.
On Wednesday afternoon, the woman filed a report with police saying she felt unwell after receiving an injection of Derma Veil, a product which stimulates collagen formation. The cosmetic treatment took place in a beauty clinic at Eubank Plaza in Central, Apple Daily reported.
The woman said she paid HK$20,0000 (US$2,548) for a course of three injections with the first injection of about 10ml of poly-L-lactic acid administered on Tuesday morning. That afternoon, she felt sick, experienced nausea and her face became swollen.
She returned to the clinic on Wednesday and filed a report with police. The beauty clinic admitted the woman was one of their customers, but refused to divulge any more information.
Poly-L-lactic acid, an injectable medical treatment approved by the US Food and Drug Administration, is a biocompatible, biodegradable substance to correct facial wrinkles and folds.